Sunday, August 14, 2011

West Central Bass League - Week 10 & Other Results

West Central Bass League - Norway/Games Lakes - August 3rd

We had a nice turnout on this night with 21 boats fishing in very pleasant conditions. A lot of fish were caught as well but as is typical for these lakes in recent years the weights were relatively small. It was one of the few nights of the year where the 9 lb barrier was not bested by any team. Here are the results.

1st - Ron & Joe - 3 - 8.91 lbs
2nd - Paul & Pete - 3 - 8.77 lbs
3rd - Tyler & Joakim - 3 - 8.65 lbs
4th - Dean & Kathy - 3 - 8.42 lbs
5th - Troy & Chad - 3 - 8.17 lbs

Big Bass - Paul & Pete - 4.66 lbs

My dad and I struggled once again on these lakes and ended up with 3 fish for 6.41 lbs. That was only good enough for 14th place on the evening. Normally we fish deep for schools of larger fish but that bite has been almost nonexistent over the past several years so we decided to start shallow on dock and reeds this time. We were able to catch some fish doing that but couldn't find the size so we ended up back on the deep structure where we were able to find fish with Rapala DT 16 crankbaits and homemade jigs but as you can tell from the results we never found the quality we needed. This is apparently a lake I need to put more time on to hopefully figure out how to compete out there.

West Central Bass League - Lake Calhoun - August 4th

We had another beautiful night of fishing with calm winds and mild temperatures for the 18 teams competing on Lake Calhoun. The fishing was pretty good too as all 18 teams were able to bring a 3 fish limit to the scales. Here are the results.

1st - Tim & Grant - 3 - 10.82 lbs
2nd - Ron & Joe - 3 - 9.97 lbs
3rd - Paul & Paul - 3 - 8.50 lbs
4th - Dean & JD - 3 - 7.69 lbs
5th - Jeff S - 3 - 7.56 lbs

Big Bass - Jeff S - 4.56 lbs

My dad and I brought in a 3 fish limit for 7.54 lbs which was good for 6th place and just out of the money by .02 lbs. The last time we fished this lake for league we were on the fish really good and caught the fire out of them so the plan was to fish pretty much the same way in the deeper weeds. It didn't end up happening for us the same way although we caught a fair number of fish the size was just lacking.

As many of you probably know I left to fish the B.A.S.S. Federation Northern Divisional the next day after our Lake Calhoun league event and I will get to that in my next blog. While I was away though my dad fished with several people in my place and I will post the results for those events here. I won't go into any detail since I did not fish these events.

Big Bass Bonanza - Green Lake - August 6th

My dad and Eric Tessmer weighed an 8 fish limit for 17.81 lbs to finish in 14th place out of 32 boats. The winners had 25.02 lbs

West Central Bass League - Long Lake - August 10th

18 boats fishing

1st - Ron & Joe - 3 - 14.52 lbs
2nd - Scott & Kelly - 3 - 13.41 lbs
3rd - Kyle & Kirk - 3 - 13.37 lbs
4th - Troy & Chad - 3 - 10.08 lbs
5th - Paul & Pete - 3 - 9.29 lbs

Big Bass - Ron & Joe - 5.67 lbs

My dad and John Z. had a 3 fish limit for 5.17 lbs which put them in 7th for the night.

West Central Bass League - Lake Koronis - August 11th

12 boats fishing

1st - Ron & Joe - 3 - 12.56 lbs
2nd - Paul & Pete - 3 - 10.83 lbs
3rd - Grand & Tim - 3 - 8.06 lbs

Big Bass - Ron & Joe - 4.74 lbs

My dad and Isaiah G. weighed a 3 fish limit for 6.07 lbs which put them in 9th for the night.

My next blog post will detail my week in Fort Madison for the Northern Divisionals. I'll try to have it up in the next few days.






No comments: