Thursday, October 27, 2011

West Central Fall Bass League - Diamond Lake

We had 7 teams fishing the West Central Fall Bass League on Oct. 22 on Diamond Lake. The weather was just about perfect for a late fall day with calm winds and mild temperatures. The fish apparently liked the weather too because a lot of fish were caught and some big ones were brought to the scales as well including one of the heaviest bass weighed for league in years. Here are the results.

1st - Pat & Nasha - 5 - 22.49 lbs
2nd - Kolton - 5 - 16.68 lbs

Big Bass - Butch - 6.42 lbs.

My dad and I had a great day for numbers as we caught more than 30 bass on the day but besides a couple in the 3-4 lb range we just were not able to find enough quality fish to compete. Our 5 weighed in at 14.60 lbs to take 3rd place. We focused our efforts on the trees and a few remaining docks and that was not the deal for the day. We caught fish on a variety of lures but all our weigh fish ended up coming on various colors of Sweet Beavers.

This was not the final event on the Fall League schedule but it was my last tournament of the year in Minnesota. It seems like almost yesterday when the season started. My fishing is not over yet though as I will soon be heading down to Louisiana to compete in the B.A.S.S. Federation Nation Championship on the Ouachita River. I did some scouting down there a few weeks ago and it is definitely a challenging fishery but I'm super excited to get back down there and earn my spot in the Bassmaster Classic!

No comments: