Friday, June 12, 2009

West Central Bass League - Diamond Lake

We had another good turnout on Wednesday night with 18 teams showing up at Diamond Lake. Most people reported the fishing to be slow but most teams also were able to weigh in their 3 fish limits. The weights however were extremely small especially for Diamond. 1st place went to Mike & Greg with 8.26 lbs, 2nd was Dean & JD with 7.99 lbs, 3rd was Paul & Pete with 7.90 lbs and 4th went to my dad & I with 7.68 lbs. The big fish for the night was 3.98 lbs.

Our fishing for the night was pretty slow as I think we only boated 5 keepers on the night and 4 of them were just little fish under 2 lbs. I wanted to start on a certain section of a reed bed but when we got there 3 boats were already in the area so I pulled into the bay and worked the flat with logs on it. We didn't get anything there and when the reed area cleared out we pulled in and were able to get our first two small keepers flipping tubes to pockets in the reeds. After working that area another boat headed to a stretch of docks I wanted to fish so I quickly moved to the other end of the docks and worked towards them hoping to hit as many docks as I could before they did. Right when our boats met I skipped my Strike King Bleeding Bait tube under the last dock and caught our big fish of the night right in front of them. It went about 3 3/4 lbs and was the reason we were able to get into the money. After that we fished a combination of docks and reeds the rest of the night but were only able to manage to catch 2 more small keepers.

No comments: