Sunday, June 28, 2009

West Central Bass League - Solomon Lake

Our 5th stop on Thursday night brought us back to Solomon Lake. We had just fished the lake the previous Wednesday and this fishing was tough to say the least. That didn't stop 12 teams from trying their hand once again. Somewhat surprisingly the fishing was much better for many teams even though not much had changed as far as weather or water conditions. It was still a struggle for my dad and I though as we turned in our poorest performance of the season with a 6th place finish for our 8.51 lb limit. 1st place went to Jim & Brad with 11.64 lbs, 2nd was Tim & Grant with 11.09 lbs, and 3rd was Brad & Wayne with 10.29. The big fish for the night went 4.29 lbs. After 5 evenings Tim & Grant lead the team of the year race with 90 points. My dad and I are a close 2nd with 86 points.

There really isn't much to tell about our fishing for the night since we only caught 3 fish the whole night. The first bass was caught by my dad on a spinnerbait fished on a rocky area outside of the reeds. The second bass was also caught by my dad on a tube flipped into the reeds. Both of those fish were in the 3 3/4 lb range. I did not have a bite for 2 hours and 55 minutes. With 5 minutes to go before the end of the night I finally caught a fish on a blugill Yamamoto Senko near the reeds. It was just a small one but it was a relief to get our 3 fish limit in the boat and it saved us from dropping down even further in the standings.

No comments: