Saturday, August 8, 2009

West Central Bass League - Lake Florida

I am writing this from Michigan so I do not have the details with me and I am doing this from memory so it may not be completly accurate. This past Wednesday we had 18 teams fishing on a very tough night for Lake Florida. I do not remember who finished where so I will only be giving the weights. 1st place weighed 7.87 lbs, 2nd had 7.26 lbs, 3rd had 7.03 lbs and 4th weighed 6.93 lbs. The big bass for the night went 4.54 lbs. My dad and I only caught 2 keepers for 4.44 lbs. I'm not sure what place we finished but it was well back in the pack.

We spent the majority of our night out in deep water and that bite just wasn't happening. I ended up catching our 2 keepers in one area on a watermelon red flake Lake Fork Tackle Trick Worm. I also missed one other bite there that probably would have been our third keeper. Other than that we fished a few docks where we caught a few short fish but overall our night was very uneventful.

Michigan has been pretty uneventful as well. I'm not catching very many fish and it seems like they are really scattered. It's hard to find any areas where I feel like I can catch more than a couple fish. With a 3 day tournament I am going to have to find something more consistant if I am going to have any chance to do well. On a positive note I did catch a smallie that weighed almost 4 1/2 lbs and in that general area I saw half a dozen more that were all the same size. That won't be enuogh for the whole tournament but I feel like I can maybe at least pull one big one out of there each day. I still have 3 more days of practice left so hopefully I can figure something out. I'll keep posting updates when I have time.

1 comment:

Jon Light said...

Dear Andy:

I was wondering if you would like to a product review on the White Night Rear Lighting System and post it to your blog?

The White Night is a lighting unit that mounts around the trailer hitch receiver on a truck or SUV. It provides bright light when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. So it is great for back boat trailers in the dark.

More product info can be seen at www.whitenight.com.

We can provide a unit at no charge. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.

Jon Light
In Focus Powersports Marketing
(765) 838-3406