Friday, June 25, 2010

West Central Bass League - Lake Florida

We fished Lake Florida for the first time this year for league June 17th. The reports coming into the event were that Lake Florida was really tough this year and from the little bit of time I put on the water I had to agree. Maybe that was the reason the turnout was so low with only 14 boats competing. The fishing, numbers wise, turned out to be better than I expected but as usual for the lake in recent years the weights were pretty small in general. Here are the results.

1st Andy & Mike (Me) 3 fish 9.94 lbs
2nd Tim Stockland & Grant King 3 fish 7.03 lbs
3rd Paul & Troy 3 fish 7.03 lbs
4th Ron & Joe 3 fish 6.48 lbs

Big Bass Andy Nitchals 3.49 lbs

As you can see there was a tie for second place in total weight but Tim & Grant won the tiebreaker by having a larger fish than Paul & Troy.

Writing this blog has become a little trickier for me in recent years as the readership has expanded. I generally have no problem talking about what worked and where but in certain instances I think I need dial back on the details. This is one of those instances. So even though I will not be very detailed in this report, I will not lie or try to deceive anyone on my blog.

My dad and I ended up having a very good night on what I was expecting to be a tough lake. We ended up catching maybe 15 or more keepers for the night and not to rub it in too much but we threw back 3 fish that would have also won handily. Maybe we should be allowed to weigh in 2 limits for a night? I'm just joking about that but we did have a fun night fishing the way I like to fish. All I am going to say about where we caught them is that they were deep. Our 3 weigh fish came on a variety of lures. We had one each on a Brush Hog, jig, and finesse worm rigged on a drop shot. We caught fish on several other lures as well but they didn't come to the scales.


No comments: