Friday, August 20, 2010

West Central Bass League - Lake Koronis

August 5th was the last league night I fished before leaving for the BASS Northern Divisional on Bays de Noc in Escanaba Michigan. We had one of our lowest turnouts of the year with only 10 boats showing up to compete. Koronis is not one of the more popular lakes on the league schedule so this is not too surprising though. My dad and I could only manage to find 3 little keepers for 4.87 lbs which put us in 7th place for the night. With only 10 boats we paid 3 spots instead of the usual 4.

1st - Paul & Troy 9.29 lbs
2nd - Ron & Joe 9.01 lbs
3rd - David & Lenny 8.32 lbs

Big Bass - Tim Stockland & Grant King 4.41 lbs

Our night was just a struggle to get anything going. From the results you can see that we never did find anything that worked for us. I guess I just want to forget this night because it's been a few weeks now and I really don't remember how we caught our fish. I believe we caught a few on soft plastics around the trees and docks. I also think we caught 1 weigh fish along a deep weedline on a jig. It doesn't really matter though since it was such a poor performance.

After this night I left for Michigan for 4 days of practice and the Northern Divisional which took place August 11-13 so I missed the league nights of August 11th on Green Lake and August 12th on Lake Calhoun. Since I did not fish those night I will not be reporting on them here. My next blog will detail my experience in Michigan for the Northern Divisional.

No comments: