Saturday, May 17, 2008

Welcome to my blog

I think I may have had one too many one night when I decided it would be a good idea to write a blog about the upcoming bass season. There is still 1 week before the season opens so since I can't fish yet I figured I could at least write a little something. I don't know how this will go but I'm going to give it a try. Maybe you will learn something from this and hopefully after reviewing my posts I will learn something as well. My name is Andy Nitchals and I love tournament bass fishing. I fish mostly local and regional team tournaments with my dad Mike Nitchals. We have had a fair amount of success over the past 2 years fishing the Midwest Sportsman and Anglers Choice tournament circuits with 5 wins and several other in the money finishes. We were also team of the year on the Anglers Choice circuit in 2006 and 3rd in the team of the year standings in 2007. We also qualified for the Anglers Choice year end regional tournaments the past 2 seasons on Table Rock Lake in Missouri and Kentucky/Barkley Lakes in Kentucky where we finished in the money each time. Unfortunately both of those circuits have decided not to host tournaments this year so we have had to find other tournaments to fish. So as of right now this is what my 2008 tournament schedule looks like:

May 31 - West Central Bassmasters State Qualifier - Long - Willmar
June 1 - Big Bass Bonanza - Ida
June 8 - West Central Bassmasters Mystery Circuit - Unknown Lake
June 22 - Big Bass Bonanza - Minnewaska
June 28 - West Central Bassmasters State Qualifier - Green - Spicer
July 6 - Big Bass Bonanza - Green - Spicer
July 12 - West Central Bassmasters Mystery Circuit - Unknown Lake
July 19 - West Central Bassmasters Summer Classic - Norway
August 3 - West Central Bassmasters Mystery Circuit - Unknown Lake
August 9 - West Central Bassmasters Summer Classic - Green - Spicer
August 17 - Big Bass Bonanza - Horseshoe Chain
September 7 - Big Bass Bonanza - Mille Lacs
September 13 - West Central Bassmasters Mystery Circuit - Unknown Lake

After typing all that out it looks like a pretty full schedule but we may add another tournament or two if something appealing comes up on a free date. My dad and I will also be running and fishing Wednesday and Thursday night leagues in the Kandiyohi County area.

Like I said I am giving this a try for the first time so I'm not sure how it will go but I will try to keep posting updates after practice days and tournament days or any other days of interest. I'm looking forward to a great season of tournaments. Although it will be difficult to top the past couple years we are sure going to try. I think that's it for now. Good luck to all of you on the upcoming season.

No comments: