Friday, July 11, 2008

KLBL - Lake Calhoun

We had another good turnout on Wednesday night with 17 teams showing up to try their hand on Lake Calhoun. Some found the fishing to be very good, while other teams struggled. My dad and I were one of the teams struggling. I'm not sure where we placed but it was quite a ways down there. 1st place was about 10.5 lbs, 2nd was 9.9 lbs, 3rd dropped off to 8.5 lbs and 4th was about 8.2 lbs. The big fish for the night was 4.87 lbs. My dad and I ended up with 6.43 lbs.

We started on the docks and caught 2 fish that weighed about 2 lbs each within the first 4 docks. Those fish came on a Strike King Bleeding Bait tube. After such a quick start we thought we might be onto something but it quickly fizzled. We didn't get anymore bites on the docks so we headed towards a shallow sloppy area. I caught one real quick on a Senko to fill our limit and almost immediately my dad caught a better one on a Spro frog for our first cull of the night. Unfortunately it was our last cull as well. We ran around trying more docks, reeds, cabbage beds and just couldn't get anything going. We finally went back to the docks we started on and I hooked a real nice fish that was probably about 3 lbs but I couldn't get it in the boat. It was just one of those nights.

No comments: