Monday, July 12, 2010

West Central Bass League - Diamond Lake

Thursday July 8th was our first visit to Diamond Lake for the West Central Bass League. Diamond can be a really good big fish lake or it can be tough as nails. This night it showed it's ugly side as only 3 of the 14 teams were able to bring in a 3 fish limit for the night. 6 of the 14 teams were not able to catch a single keeper. Out of the 14 boats fishing a total of 17 bass were brought to the scales. That is some tough fishing!

1st - Ron & Joe 8.71 lbs
2nd - Ron & Dave 7.05 lbs
3rd - Andy & Mike 6.45 lbs
4th - John & Jacob 5.21 lbs (2 fish)

Big Bass - Ron & Joe 3.37 lbs

We were one of the 3 teams to catch a 3 fish limit but for the most part our night was uneventful. We only ended up getting 4 bites but one of them was a fish that my dad missed and I was able to follow up with a quick cast to catch it. So really we only had 3 keeper fish bite all night long. Our first fish came after fishing for over an hour. I caught it off a dock on a black/blue Strike King Bleeding Bait tube. After that we went over an hour again without a bite. At this point I figured just having 1 keeper would possibly get us some good points but I was still getting worried. At around 8:30 my dad missed a fish in a weed mat and I was able to throw my tube right back and get it. My next cast was to the next dock and I was able to add our final keeper on the tube. So after 1 bite in 2 1/2 hours we had 2 fish in the boat in about 2 minutes. It was another great ending to a tough night!

No comments: