Sunday, June 8, 2008

West Central Bassmasters Mystery Circuit - Lake Mary

Lake Mary is located a little ways south of Alexandria. It is a lake my dad and I had never been on before so when it was drawn last night I was pretty excited. I knew some of the other guys had been there before but I was ready to tackle a new body of water. We ended up catching a ton of fish and we probably culled 15 times to get to our 5 fish limit of 9.18 lbs which put us in 5th place. Unfortunately there were only 5 teams fishing so that was dead last. 4th was about 9.5 lbs, 3rd was 10.2 lbs, 2nd was 12.99 lbs and 1st place had 14.02 lbs. Congrats to Paul Shimek on the win. Like I said we had a ton of bites but just couldn't get a big bite at all. Going to a new lake like that can be tough to do sometimes but it was fun overall. We caught most of our fish throwing senkos and tube craws in the bull rushes and reeds. That seems to be about all there is to fish on the lake.

I'd also like to say congratulations to John Patock on his 2nd place finish at the Silverado Pro-Am on Green Lake. He brought in 20.65 lbs to just barely edged out 3rd place. This is coming off his win in the Lake Ida BBB. Hes on a roll. Keep it up John!

No comments: