Sunday, August 31, 2008

KLBL - Foot Lake

Sorry for the delay in posting the last couple nights of league but I've been down in Wabasha for the MN Federation State Tournament and we don't have good internet access down here.

Foot Lake right outside of Willmar is a brand new lake for the bass league. Even though it is close no one in our area really fishes it at all. When my dad and I took over the bass league I decided to put it in the mix for the last Wednesday night of the year. I knew there were bass in there but all summer long we heard a lot of grumbling about the choice. Nobody thought there was a catchable population of bass. While the fishing wasn’t great, I think many people were surprised at the fish brought in. I know I sure was. 1st place weighed in about 9.3 lbs, 2nd had about 8.3 lbs and 3rd had about 5.7 lbs. The big bass for the night was 3.44 lbs. Out of the 13 boats there were quite a few zeros but the majority of the boats at least caught 1 fish. Most people thought that everyone would zero for the night. Unfortunately my dad and I were one of the boats who caught no fish. We just were not able to figure anything out on the night. I have only fished the lake a couple times and we hit all the spots I’ve caught fish before but nothing worked for us. I know we were in the right areas though because we saw people catching fish.
This was the last Wednesday night of bass league for 2008. Catching no fish is not the ideal way to end the season but that’s how it goes sometimes. There is still one more night though on Thursday and I know it was good so check the next post to see the results of the final Thursday night league of 2008.

No comments: